So lately I’ve been having to go to a lot of places (in the small town America sense…so, like, three) to create different registries for our wedding shower. We’re being super progressive and holding it after we’re married, so you could maybe even call it a house warming party or something. Either way, I’m excited.
In the midst of all the home wares browsing, list making and feeling pressured to put a ton of crystal serving ware on our registry (we’re not that kinda couple), I have made a list of things that, if I weren’t being frugal and living on a shoestring, I would nab ASAP. Of course, some things are totally affordable enough to purchase right now and trust me, the dough whisk and bread recipe book are at the top of my amazon cart, but I decided to include some of those ‘so pretty it hurts because it broke my bank’ items. You’re welcome.
1. Canadiano Walnut Brewer + 1lb Canadiano Organic Roast $70.00 – This new take on the pour-over technique promises to deliver a unique cup of coffee every time you use it, not to mention cuts down on waste and our impact on the environment by using countless paper filters a day brewing our regular old pour-overs.
2. Madewell High Riser Skinny Skinny Jeans in Onyx Wash $125.00 – High waist for the post-baby body, slim, flattering fit and described to do “life-altering things to the rearview”. Nuff said.
3. RVCA Tokat Top $36.00 – I feel like I am on a never ending quest to find the perfect tee. Looks like this one might come pretty close, hopefully I get to find out!
4. Danish Dough Hand Whisk 11″ or 14″ $8.99 – My initial reason for wanting this was merely the fact that it is the prettiest whisk I ever have seen. I found recipes to go along with this want thereafter.
5. Sonnet James Kate Dress $98.00 – Playful dresses that make you look good without getting in the way! I don’t know about you, but comfort is moving further and further up on my ‘fashion musts’ draft list. Maybe I’m giving up or maybe I just rock sweat pants with the best of them, but I’m not about to forgo comfort just to look good anymore.
6. Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup Broad Spectrum SPF 20 $12.49 – Honestly, I have a makeup brand that I’m loyal to and wholly believe that when you find something that works, stick to it. However, having moved from a relatively humid climate (The Gold Coast, Australia) to Frederick OK where it is super cold and super dry at the moment, my skin has been suffering. I’m walking the tightrope between aptly moisturized skin and flakes on my pillow when I wake up. If there was any liquid foundation I would try right now (as I’m currently using a powder), this would be the one. I’m a sucker for advertised promises and I’ll try anything ’till it doesn’t work.
7. The Wet Brush Earth Collection $30.00 – I barely brush my hair as it is, so getting this chore over with in the shower would be a dream. Eco-friendly materials, reduced split ends, hair loss and tugging in one attractive little package. Yes please.
8. Healthy Bread in Five Minutes a Day $21.54 – I have been known to be completely and vocally against bread full stop, but I have since had a change of heart and mind and have decided that I do not want to create ‘fear foods’ in my family. Using wholesome, organic ingredients and this book as a guide, I hope to create beautiful loves that my loves will enjoy and wish to dispel the ‘empty calorie’ complex I have. I know that term is completely applicable to many things in the regular western diet, but I think as a treat every now and then with a nice soup or avocado and eggs, we’ll be just as happy and healthy as ever!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin